FEATURES: 15th-century farmhouse, stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, original stone fireplaces, tasting room, wine cellar with aging room, apartment for the guests, Chianti Classico DOCG vineyard
This organic wine estate is located just a few km from a renowned town of Chianti Classico in the municipality of Greve in Chianti. The various buildings (over 1,100 sqm) include the wine cellar, two restored rustic country houses, a tasting room and a small cottage for the guests. The vineyard (11.4546 ha) allows producing roughly 57,000 bottles of wine per year, including an excellent Chianti Classico DOCG.
Services are all available in the nearby town (3km; 5’) or in Greve in Chianti (11km; 20’) but all the art cities of Tuscany can be reached in less than two hours by car (Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra, Montepulciano, Pisa, Pienza…).
The main country house (5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms), dating back to the 15th century, houses two rooms to store wines and a residential unit made up of two ample living rooms, two kitchens, reading room, office, five bedrooms, two bathrooms and two shower rooms. From one of the bedrooms one can exit onto a paved terrace overlooking the vineyards and shaded by a secular oak. Outside, the house features a 2m circular oven built inside the walls.
Fully restored by respecting its original rustic look, the country house is equipped with video-surveillance and automated control for the accesses to the property and the cellar.
For the guests, the estate can count on a reception hall with wine tasting room, kitchen and bathroom. The building was fully restored in 1998.
A cozy cottage (2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) has been restored and converted into a welcoming house for the guests made up of living room, kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom. Exiting from the kitchen, the house features a private garden with an outdoor dining area.
A rustic country house includes several storages, a room for water filtering and the keepers’ apartment on the upper floor (2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom).
Backbone of the winery are the wine cellar (built in 1971) and the aging cellar, also built in 1971 but dug inside the hill as to ensure constant temperature throughout the year, granting the perfect aging of wines. Right above the aging cellar, above ground, is a vinsantaia that also doubles as packaging facility.
The estate covers, in its entirety, a total surface of approximately 20.8 hectares (51.4 acres), half of which is covered in vineyards. The remaining portions are registered as arable, grazing land and mixed woodland.
The vineyard (11.4546 ha) is attended with organic methods with a very low environmental impact. The farm only relies on green manure, treatments use only copper and sulfur and unwanted weed is removed by simply working the fields (instead of using glyphosate). Vines are cared by hand, with harvesting taking place between September 20 and October 10.
The wine produced is certified and cleared for bottling by Valoritalia that oversees production and guarantees the quality of the product. Once the authorization is received, the winery is equipped with machinery for bottling, labeling and packaging.
- Vineyard surface: 11.4546 hectares (28.3 acres)
- Varieties: Sangiovese (8.8193 ha), Merlot (1.5304 ha), Syrah (0.1440 ha), Cabernet Sauvignon (0.9690 ha)
- Altitude and exposure: 290 – 320 m asl (Southeast, Southwest)
- Density: 5,000 vines / ha
- Year(s) of planting: 1996 – 2014
- Training: pruned-spur cordon (2.50 × 0.80 m | 2.50 × 0.70 m | 2.70 × 0.90 m)
- Yearly production: 57,000 bottles
- Workers: 3 (open-ended) + 2 (seasonal, April and June) – Up to 10 in the harvest period
- Markets reached: Australia, Austria, Canada, China, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Poland, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
- Chianti Classico DOCG (42,000 bottles): Sangiovese 90%, Merlot 10%
- Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva (7,000 bottles): Sangiovese 90%, Cabernet Sauvignon 10%
- Chianti Classico DOCG Gran Selezione (6,000 bottles): Sangiovese 100%
- Toscana Rosso IGT (2,000 bottles): Sangiovese 40%, Cabernet Sauvignon 30%, Merlot 30%
- Vinsanto Chianti Classico DOC: Trebbiano, Malvasia
Town with services (3km; 5’), Greve in Chianti (11km; 20’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (21km; 30’), Monteriggioni (32km; 45’), San Gimignano (41km; 1h), Florence (45km; 1h), Siena (48km; 1h), Volterra (62km; 1h 10’), Arezzo (73km; 1h 25’), San Quirico d’Orcia (90km; 1h 40’), Montepulciano (94km; 1h 40’), Pisa (97km; 1h 40’), Pienza (101km; 1h 50’)
Firenze A. Vespucci (54km; 55’), Pisa G. Galilei (94km; 1h 30’), Bologna G. Marconi (135km; 1h 45’), Roma Ciampino (276km; 3h 25’), Roma Fiumicino (290km; 3h 20’)
FILL IN THE FORM BELOW FOR FURTHER DETAILS OR TO ARRANGE A VIEWING