FARMHOUSE WITH CHURCH AND MEDIEVAL TOWER IN UMBRIA      CASALE CON CHIESA E TORRE MEDIEVALE IN UMBRIA      FARMHOUSE WITH CHURCH AND MEDIEVAL TOWER IN UMBRIA

ISRAELI VERSION AMERICAN VERSION DEUTSCH VERSION RUSSKAJA VERSIJA ENGLISH VERSION VERSIONE ITALIANA
HOME PAGE > PROPERTY IN ITALY > UMBRIA > UMBERTIDE >

Reference 1736 "CASALE DELLA TORRE"

Ref: 1736

"CASALE DELLA TORRE"

SAVE THIS AD

EUR 1.650.000,00

FARMHOUSE WITH CHURCH AND MEDIEVAL TOWER IN UMBRIA

PHOTO ALBUM      
FULL SCREEN (43)
UMBERTIDE - PERUGIA - UMBRIA
 Umbria
  • Position: hilly
  • Condition: finely restored
  • Property size: 379 sqm (4,078 sqft)
  • Bedrooms: 4
  • Land: 10,000 sqm (2.5 ac)
  • Pool: yes
FLOOR PLANS
BROCHURE VIDEO
PRINT DETAILS
INFORMATION IN THE AREA
ALL PROPERTIES
  ARE YOU INTERESTED ON THIS PROPERTY?

ASK FOR INFORMATION OR BOOK A VIEWING

00 39 0575 788948 ASK FOR INFORMATION

DETAILS

 

  • REF. CODE: 1736
  • TYPE: farmhouse
  • CONDITION: finely restored
  • POSITION: hilly
  • MUNICIPALITY: Umbertide
  • PROVINCE: Perugia
  • REGION: Umbria
  • SIZE: 379 square meters (4,078 square feet)
  • TOT. N° OF ROOMS: 10
  • BEDROOMS: 4
  • BATHROOMS: 4
  • FEATURES: stone walls, medieval tower, desecrated church, garden, frescoes, pool, alarm system
  • ANNEX: priest's house, medieval tower, stone building
  • ACCESS: unpaved road
  • POOL: 10 x 6 m
  • ELECTRICITY: already connected (energy class G)
  • WATER: mains water + private well
  • TELEPHONE: already connected + ADSL
  • ADSL: possible
  • GAS: LPG (energy class G)
  • HEATING: under the floor
  • GARDEN: 10,000 sqm (2.5 ac)
  • LAND: 10,000 square meters (2.5 acres)

NEAREST TOWNS


Umbertide (11km; 25’), Pierantonio (13km; 25’), Perugia (24km; 35’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (33km; 35’), Gubbio (35km; 45’), Città di Castello (37km; 40’), Assisi (56km; 55’), Foligno (67km; 1h), Todi (77km; 1h 5’), Siena (111km; 1h 30’)


NEAREST AIRPORTS


Perugia Sant’Egidio (37km; 40’), Firenze Peretola (174km; 2h), Grosseto Baccarini (183km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (215km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (230km; 2h 35’), Pisa Galilei (235km; 2h 30’)


PRICE

 EUR 1.650.000,00

DESCRIPTION


FARMHOUSE WITH CHURCH AND MEDIEVAL TOWER IN UMBRIA


GEOGRAPHIC POSITION

On the hills of the Umbrian countryside, not far from Umbertide, beautifully restored farmhouse with a church (13th century) and a medieval tower (11th century).

Conveniently located near Umbertide, a town providing all the necessary services (11km; 25’), the farmhouse offers an unrivalled quiet. The easy connection with the road network allows quickly moving throughout Umbria and even southern Tuscany: Pierantonio (13km; 25’), the Etruscan Perugia (24km; 35’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (33km; 35’), the medieval town of Gubbio (35km; 45’), the Roman Città di Castello (37km; 40’), the Franciscan shrine of Assisi (56km; 55’), Foligno (67km; 1h), Todi (77km; 1h 5’) and just a bit further the beautiful Siena (111km; 1h 30’).

The most convenient airports to reach the property are Perugia Sant’Egidio (37km; 40’), Firenze Peretola (174km; 2h), Grosseto Baccarini (183km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (215km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (230km; 2h 35’) and Pisa Galilei (235km; 2h 30’).

 

 

DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDING

The main part of the property is made up of a nicely restored farmhouse (212 sqm – 2,281 sqft, 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms). The front entrance on the ground floor leads directly into the well-equipped kitchen. Double doors at one end of the kitchen open into a hallway and lead past some stone stairs that climb up to the first floor and onto the sitting room and the rest of the house. The sitting room is finely furnished and has a large fireplace at its centre. This room, like the rest of the property, is beautifully decorated with wooden beams and locally handmade terracotta tiles.

A glass-panelled corridor leads into the former priest’s dwelling, which is now linked by this passageway to the main house (it was once a separate unit). There is a bathroom here with a tub and also a laundry room. An internal staircase leads up to the first floor and directly into one of the bedrooms.

The stone steps from the hallway lead to the first floor where the bedrooms are located. The spacious master bedroom boasts a double bed (convertible into a couple of single beds if needed). There is a large en-suite bathroom with shower and bathtub. A corridor runs across the top floor and leads from this master bedroom to the other bedrooms. The second bedroom has two single beds (which can be joined to form a double if needed). The nearby bathroom boasts a bathtub with shower.

From the second bedroom, an external door opens onto a bridge that links the house to the first floor of the original priest’s dwelling. A staircase leads down to the garden. At the other end of the bridge, a door opens into a further twin bedroom. Internal stairs lead down to the ground floor and the bathroom, and then into the sitting room.

 

The old church (111 sqm – 1,194 sqft), no longer consecrated, lies in a corner of the house. A door from the kitchen leads into this room which now forms an integral part of the property. Large sofa-beds provide additional accommodation for two extra people. On a raised dais at one end there is a peculiar dining area with a beautiful painting of the Virgin. Large double doors at the other end of the church lead out into the garden and a paved terrace with a stone table providing another al fresco dining area.

 

Right next to the farmhouse is located the old stone watchtower (36 m high).

 

Not far from the farmhouse, a small stone annex (56 sqm – 603 sqft) completes the property.

 

 

HISTORY, STATE AND FINISHES

The tower is first mentioned in a monastic document dated 1143. It was probably built as a defensive watchtower and/or defensive point to protect the people living nearby in a time when wars were far too common. At the beginning of the 16th century, the tower lost its defensive purpose and the complex became a monastic hermitage.

The property has been finely restored so to preserve its original aspect. The only change made was the connection between the church and the priest’s quarter, which was once a separate building.

 

 

EXTERNAL AREA

All the windows in the property grant a beautiful view over the surrounding countryside and the 10 x 6 m pool of the property located in the 10.000 sqm garden. The pool is surrounded by a hedge-like wall of lavender. The garden, beautifully cared for, is dotted by olive trees and flowers. From here, several paths lead into the surrounding woods.

 

 

USE AND POTENTIAL USES

The property is perfect for anyone looking for a nice, historic house deep in the green countryside of Umbria. The easily reached location and the beautiful landscape are the icing on the cake and would allow renting out the house to potentially interested tourists.



GEOGRAPHICAL POSITION

ASK FOR INFORMATION OR A VIEWING


Ask for information or book a viewing
00 39 0575 788948
name*
surname
phone*
e-mail*
note
   
Security Code
 
security code
   
  I would like to visit the property
  I would like to subscribe to Romolini newsletter
  According to Art. 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, we inform you that the processing of your personal data will respect the privacy policy.
 

Reference 1736 "CASALE DELLA TORRE"

UMBERTIDE - PERUGIA - UMBRIA
Position: hilly
Condition: finely restored
Size: 379 sqm (4,078 sqft)
Bedrooms: 4
Land: 10,000 sqm (2.5 ac)
Pool: yes
 

QUICK PROPERTY SEARCH

     
   

Quick search by:

 
 

State

 

Property

   
             

Region

 

Price

 
           

Province

 

Bedrooms

 
           
Municipality   Lifestyle  
LOCATION ITALY LOCATION OVERSEAS LIFESTYLE TYPOLOGY AREA KEYWORDS
    X CLOSE
OpenAdvanced search
 
Facebook - RomoliniImmobilidiPrestigio Youtube - Romolinimmobiliare Blogspot immobilidiprestigio-villelusso-casali Twitter PropertiesItaly
 
     
© AGENZIA ROMOLINI IMMOBILIARE S.r.l.
Via Trieste n. 10/c, 52031 Anghiari (AR) Italy
Tel: +39 0575 788948
Fax +39 0575 786928

Mail: [email protected]

  Legal notice | Privacy policy | Policy cookies | Links | Site map