MANOR VILLA FOR SALE IN PISTOIA, TUSCANY
In Tuscany, in Pistoia, historic villa with garden, park, orangery and outbuildings.
The property is within easy reach of the most important tourist towns in Tuscany, such as Florence (43km), Lucca (47km), Pisa (61km) and San Gimignano (90km). A few km from the property there are two famous thermal towns, Montecatini Terme and Monsummano Terme; the Versilian coasts are almost one hour’s drive away.
It takes just under one hour to get to Florence airport, fifty minutes to get to Pisa airport and approx. one hour and fifteen minutes to get to Bologna airport.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The property, which has a total surface of 3,200 sqm (or 34,445 sqft), is composed of the villa, the orangery, the caretaker’s house, the gardener’s house and the woodworker’s house.
There is a recovery plan regarding the villa, the orangery, the caretaker’s house and the external area.
The villa has a rectangular layout and is laid out on three levels plus the central tower.
You can get to the piano nobile via an external stone staircase with balustrade; the secondary façade looks onto the private garden and boasts an elegant loggia.
On the ground floor there are service rooms, among which the carriages house and the large kitchen with monumental fireplace.
All the staterooms on the piano nobile have wooden coffered ceilings with decorated beams and frescoed walls. The second floor include private rooms and bedrooms with coffered ceilings; under the central tower there is a room used as walk-in closet.
According to the recovery plan, the ground floor and the first floor will be used for tourist accommodation, while the second floor will be for residential use.
In the orangery there is room for more than three thousand plants. A part of the orangery, with a surface of approx. 160 sqm will host exhibitions and didactic activities. In an area of about 300 sqm there will be room for the lemon plants of the Italian garden. The remaining part will be used as tourist accommodation.
The caretaker’s house has a surface of 120 sqm and there is the possibility of using it as a residential home.
STATE AND FINISHES
The building was built in 1318 and converted into a small fortress some years later. When the plague struck Florence in 1478, Lorenzo the Magnificent was hosted in this villa. In the second half of the 17th century the villa was radically transformed and the Italian garden as well as numerous service buildings were created. It seems that Napoleon stayed in this villa for a short period; on the second floor of the villa there is still a hall dedicated to Napoleon. Over the course of seven centuries the villa has belonged only to two families, whose crests are still visible on the Northern façade.
The property is surrounded by 3.98 hectares (or 9,83 acres) of land. The external area includes the Italian garden, a green area for public use (4,530 sqm) and a green area for private use (29,765 sqm). The Italian garden dates back to the late 17th century and it has a surface of 4000 sqm. In the garden there are flowerbeds, paths, a large stone fountain in the center and a lot of lemon plants.
Moreover, the property includes a parking area of 900 sqm.
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
Given its dimension, its location and its high historic value, the villa can be used as prestigious private residence and luxury tourist accommodation.